2016 National Fine Arts Festival Rulebook
Download the Rulebook at the bottom of this page.
To order a hardcopy call GPH at 1.800.641.4310 and request item 731-404.
New for the 2016 National Fine Arts Festival
- The location for the 2016 National Fine Arts Festival is Louisville, KY
Dates: August 1 - 5, 2016
Location: Kentucky International Convention Center, 221 S 4th St., Louisville, KY 40202 www.kyconvention.org
Housing: Visit www.faf.ag.org/registration.cfm. Housing opens November 1, 2015.
Registration & Deadlines: The postmark/fax deadline is May 20. Online registration closes at 11:59 pm (CDT) June 3. Visit www.faf.ag.org/registration.cfm. See pages 12 and 13 for complete detailed information.
- ASL presentations are now allowed, but not required, to provide a set of lyric sheets to the evaluators. See page 30.
- Musical Theater is split into Musical Theater, Ensemble and Musical Theater, Solo as official categories in the Drama Division. See page 50.
- Readers Theater is an official category in the Drama Division. See page 52.
- Piano Solo, Classical is a new category in the Exhibition Division. See page 58.
- Stand-Up Comedy is a new category in the Exhibition Division. See page 61.
- Rap and Vocal rules have been adjusted to clarify allowable background vocals. See pages 74 and 79.
- Vocal Solo, Classical, Sr. is an official category in the Vocal Division. See page 81.
- Worship Leading, Solo is an official category in the Vocal Division. See page 82.
Looking Ahead To 2017
- Tap will be added to the accepted dance genres for Worship Dance
If you have a question about a specific rule, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We do ask that all rule questions be submitted in writing so that we may ensure each question is answered the same.